    Cheers,

    Gordy.
    , Mar 11, 2007

  2. On 11 Mar 2007 15:55:50 -0700, wrote:
    >Hello, does anybody know of a good C++ compiler/IDE combo that would
    >work
    >from a USB key? I was using VS2003 and would like to use VC++ Express,
    >but the chances of those working fof a USB key are slim. Basically I
    >don't
    >want tho host machine molested. I'm not even sure if that's possible,
    >but any suggestions would help.

    Eclipse/CDT
    Roland Pibinger, Mar 11, 2007

  3. red floyd Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello, does anybody know of a good C++ compiler/IDE combo that would
    > work
    > from a USB key? I was using VS2003 and would like to use VC++ Express,
    > but the chances of those working fof a USB key are slim. Basically I
    > don't
    > want tho host machine molested. I'm not even sure if that's possible,
    > but
    > any suggestions would help.

    I think Digital Mars would work, at least for the compiler. You'd have
    to check with Walter, or on the Digital Mars website about the IDE part.
    red floyd, Mar 12, 2007
  4. badactress Guest

    On 11 Mar, 22:55, wrote:
    > Hello, does anybody know of a good C++ compiler/IDE combo that would
    > work
    > from a USB key? I was using VS2003 and would like to use VC++ Express,
    > but the chances of those working fof a USB key are slim. Basically I
    > don't
    > want tho host machine molested. I'm not even sure if that's possible,
    > but
    > any suggestions would help.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Gordy.

    This guy has packaged a portable version of Dev-Cpp for USB stick
    which seems to work perfectly & doesn't effect the host machine at
    all. It's completely contained within the USB stick.

    http://www.portasoft.org/e107/page.php?19
    badactress, Mar 12, 2007

    On Mar 12, 2:19 am, "badactress" <> wrote:
    > On 11 Mar, 22:55, wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, does anybody know of a good C++ compiler/IDE combo that would
    > > work
    > > from a USB key? I was using VS2003 and would like to use VC++ Express,
    > > but the chances of those working fof a USB key are slim. Basically I
    > > don't
    > > want tho host machine molested. I'm not even sure if that's possible,
    > > but
    > > any suggestions would help.

    > > Cheers,

    > > Gordy.

    > This guy has packaged a portable version of Dev-Cpp for USB stick
    > which seems to work perfectly & doesn't effect the host machine at
    > all. It's completely contained within the USB stick.
    >
    > http://www.portasoft.org/e107/page.php?19

    Thanks all, I'll have a look at these. I should've mentioned
    that I was developing for Windows, though I suppose using VC++
    would suggest that. Anyway, shouldn't be a problem with dev-cpp
    anyway. I'll look at Eclipse/CDT and Digital Mars as well.

    Cheers,

    Gordy.
    , Mar 12, 2007