Portable (as in literally) C++ compiler/IDE?

gordon.is.a.moron

Hello, does anybody know of a good C++ compiler/IDE combo that would
work
from a USB key? I was using VS2003 and would like to use VC++ Express,
but the chances of those working fof a USB key are slim. Basically I
don't
want tho host machine molested. I'm not even sure if that's possible,
but
any suggestions would help.

Cheers,

Gordy.

Roland Pibinger

Hello, does anybody know of a good C++ compiler/IDE combo that would
work
from a USB key? I was using VS2003 and would like to use VC++ Express,
but the chances of those working fof a USB key are slim. Basically I
don't
want tho host machine molested. I'm not even sure if that's possible,
but any suggestions would help.

Eclipse/CDT

red floyd

Hello, does anybody know of a good C++ compiler/IDE combo that would
work
from a USB key? I was using VS2003 and would like to use VC++ Express,
but the chances of those working fof a USB key are slim. Basically I
don't
want tho host machine molested. I'm not even sure if that's possible,
but
any suggestions would help.

I think Digital Mars would work, at least for the compiler. You'd have
to check with Walter, or on the Digital Mars website about the IDE part.

badactress

Hello, does anybody know of a good C++ compiler/IDE combo that would
work
from a USB key? I was using VS2003 and would like to use VC++ Express,
but the chances of those working fof a USB key are slim. Basically I
don't
want tho host machine molested. I'm not even sure if that's possible,
but
any suggestions would help.

Cheers,

Gordy.

This guy has packaged a portable version of Dev-Cpp for USB stick
which seems to work perfectly & doesn't effect the host machine at
all. It's completely contained within the USB stick.

http://www.portasoft.org/e107/page.php?19

gordon.is.a.moron

This guy has packaged a portable version of Dev-Cpp for USB stick
which seems to work perfectly & doesn't effect the host machine at
all. It's completely contained within the USB stick.

http://www.portasoft.org/e107/page.php?19

Thanks all, I'll have a look at these. I should've mentioned
that I was developing for Windows, though I suppose using VC++
would suggest that. Anyway, shouldn't be a problem with dev-cpp
anyway. I'll look at Eclipse/CDT and Digital Mars as well.

Cheers,

Gordy.

gordon.is.a.moron