possible combination of numbers

AAA

hi,
I'll explain fastly the program that i'm doing..
the computer asks me to enter the cardinal of a set X ( called "dimX"
type integer)where X is a table of one dimension
and then to fill it with numbers X;
then the computer asks me how many subsets i have (nb_subset type
(integer))
then,i have to enter for every sebset the card, and then to fill it,
we'll have a two tables , one called cardY which contains nb_subset
elements,and every element is the cardinal of every Yi
example:
X={0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6, 7,8, 9, 10} dimX= 11

Y1={5, 8, 9, 7} cardY[0]=4
Y2={2, 0, 7, 6, 4, 10} cardY[1]=6
Y3={8, 10, 6, 4, 3, 1} cardY[2]=6
Y4={9, 7, 5, 3, 1, 10, 7} ...
Y5={3, 8, 1, 9, 6} ...
Y6={1, 2, 3} ...
Y7={4, 9, 6, 3, 0} card[6]=4

and then a table of two dimensions, called TY(corresponding to Table Y)
which contains all the values of Yi
5 8 9 7 * * *
2 0 7 6 4 10 *
8 10 6 4 3 1 *
9 7 5 3 1 10 7
3 8 1 9 6 * *
1 2 3 * * * *
4 9 6 3 0 * *

(sure i'll lose memory, but its okay) i know that using chained lists
is best , but its okay

now the problem is to find all the combination possible of Yi which is
equal to X
example :

X= {1, 2, 3, 4, 5}
Y1= {2, 4, 5}; Y2= {1, 2, 4} ; Y3= {2, 3, 5} ; Y4= {3, 5} ; Y5= {1, 3,
4}
S= {1, 3, 5} S is a solution, N.B. where 1,3,and 5 are not elements,
but they are the indicies of Y
in this case Y1, Y3 and Y5

this was the subject of my mini project,
now ,my algorithm is to make a table containing all the possible
combinations of the indicies,example :
if the nb_subsets is 3
1
2
3
and then,i bring the Y1 and compare it to X, if the same, i return S=
{1}
if not , i try Y2,
then Y3
then Y1 and Y2 , if Y1 U Y2 = X , then the solution S={1,2}
and i continue

my question that i'd like to have your help in is :
HOW TO MAKE A TABLE OF THREE DIMENSIONS CONTAINING ALL THE POSSIBLE
INDICIIES, like the example above.
i don't know if it is possible,but it is something that i need
urgently,cause i have to give back my work on monday(in less than 2
days)
thanks a lot for your help..
sincerely

Spiros Bousbouras

AAA said:
hi,
I'll explain fastly the program that i'm doing..
the computer asks me to enter the cardinal of a set X ( called "dimX"
type integer)where X is a table of one dimension
and then to fill it with numbers X;

Since X is a **set** does this mean that the numbers
you have to enter are distinct ?
then the computer asks me how many subsets i have (nb_subset type
(integer))
then,i have to enter for every sebset the card, and then to fill it,

If you know the subset then it automatically determines
its cardinal and its elements. So I don't see why you have
to enter the card and fill it.
[...]

I'm sure it is possible if you manage to actually explain
what you need to do. So far I ain't got a clue. To be
perfectly honest with you it doesn't look like you can
manage for Monday but we'll see.