Possible? IE cookies grafted into the machine identity used in ASP.NET HTTP ops

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I regularly scrape content from sites that require cookie information for
    auth. When I am on a dev machine using VS.NET and test my scraping tools,
    the returned content indicates that the webpage login is me.

    Question #1: When I deploy my tools to a server, what user does the system
    "impersonate" for the purposes of browsing?
    Question #2: Could I log into the user account described in Q1, use IE for
    awhile, persist cookies via "Remember Me," and scrape normally?
    Question #3: Is it possible to copy all of the cookie files and whatnot from
    a workstation that's chock-full-of-auth-cookies to a place on the server and
    have that user impersonated on scrapes? What needs to be copied and where in
    the directory structure should I place it?
    Question #4: Am I correct that if I were to build a Windows Forms app that
    conducted scraping operations, it would impersonate/ use the cookie setup of
    the currently logged-in user?

    Thanks in advance.
    -KF

    Guest, Jun 20, 2007