    html output of another file on a remote server. Is this possible using ASP?
    If so, how do you generate an application to check something every 20
    minutes?!
    Guest, May 16, 2006

    Mike Brind Guest

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2143

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, May 16, 2006

  3. <> wrote in message
    > I want to create a 20 minute loop to generate an include file based on the
    > html output of another file on a remote server. Is this possible using

    ASP?
    > If so, how do you generate an application to check something every 20
    > minutes?!

    Place some VBScript in a scheduled task to run every 20 minutes?

    Is there any reason this code has to run in the context of a Web Server?

    If so, then do the same but have the VBScript use ServerXMLHTTP make request
    to the ASP page that does the actual work.

    If this isn't your server and you don't have access to services, scheduled
    tasks etc then your stuck. Only other possiblity is have a client ping the
    server every 20 minutes.

    Anthony.
    Anthony Jones, May 16, 2006

    Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 16 mei 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I want to create a 20 minute loop to generate an include file based on
    > the html output of another file on a remote server. Is this possible
    > using ASP? If so, how do you generate an application to check
    > something every 20 minutes?!

    There is no reason to do a loop.

    If the include file is an asp file it can return different output depending
    on the server clock.

    pseudo code:

    if time between 0 and 20 minutes in the hour output this code
    else if time beween 20 and 40 ...
    else [40 and 60] ....

    --
    Evertjan.