post data

tony wong

in past, i learnt from the book to post data by
action=post & input type=text

now the post data is not from user input
it is from a table which is generated by asp script

i wish to generate a table with a check box at each row.

when i select the check boxs, then the rows of the table will be posted to
another html page

any hints to me for doing this?

Secondly, how about if rows of the table will be posted to a input box on
another html page

grateful if you could give me some hints.

Thanks a lot.

tony

Phill. W

tony wong said:
in past, i learnt from the book to post data by
action=post & input type=text

now the post data is not from user input

Yes, it is ...
i wish to generate a table with a check box at each row.
when i select the check boxes, then the rows of the table will be
posted to another html page

Selecting check boxes is just another /kind/ of user input, as
evidenced by the HTML required :

<input type='checkbox' value='on' name='cbOne' checked>

On the ASP side, you receive the data in /exactly/ the same way
as you did with the 'input' field (in Request.Form), except that
you /only/ receive values for those checkboxes that are actually
"checked".

HTH,
Phill W.