POST from form to "default.asp"

whtevr

Consider this HTML on an ASP page called default.asp in a virtual
directory:

<FORM name="Flogin" id="Flogin" action="" method=post>
</FORM>

Do I HAVE to put the literal "default.asp" into the action attrib to
get this form to post back to the "default.asp" page in that
directory?

I don't want the user to SEE the absolute URL with the page
"default.asp" in the browser address field. I'm using
"server.transfer" for every other page redirect while in this
directory... to obfusicate all other pages in the dir. Get it?

I think I've tried everything, including "../[directory name]", which
would indicate to the http post that it is to go to the "default.asp"
page for THAT directory but IIS 5.0 says page not avail... etc...

Any thoughts?

Manohar Kamath

Have you checked if the default page for a directory is indeed default.asp?
I do not see any problem with using the ../directory/ notation to post to
the default page.

whtevr

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:45:00 -0500, "Manohar Kamath"

Yes. In the management console I have default.asp as the top level
default page.

What is the actual string you would use for the action attrib?

I request the /[directory]/[default.asp] page from the same server,
BUT from a LINK on a page pulled from a separate directory. Hummm...
maybe that is it?

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

Consider this HTML on an ASP page called default.asp in a virtual
directory:

<FORM name="Flogin" id="Flogin" action="" method=post>
</FORM>

Do I HAVE to put the literal "default.asp" into the action attrib to
get this form to post back to the "default.asp" page in that
directory?

I don't want the user to SEE the absolute URL with the page
"default.asp" in the browser address field. I'm using
"server.transfer" for every other page redirect while in this
directory... to obfusicate all other pages in the dir. Get it?

I think I've tried everything, including "../[directory name]", which
would indicate to the http post that it is to go to the "default.asp"
page for THAT directory but IIS 5.0 says page not avail... etc...

Any thoughts?

Utada P.W. SIU

i think you need as if you have indicate default.asp in the action attribute
the page will submit the form to the current page only

for example: current page was test.asp without value in the action attribute
of the form
when you submit the form, it will submit all form data to the test.asp only.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

There use to be a KB article about this, but it seems to be gone, or it's
not an English-published article. See its contents here:

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]#link10

Ray at home

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:45:00 -0500, "Manohar Kamath"

Yes. In the management console I have default.asp as the top level
default page.

What is the actual string you would use for the action attrib?

I request the /[directory]/[default.asp] page from the same server,
BUT from a LINK on a page pulled from a separate directory. Hummm...
maybe that is it?

Have you checked if the default page for a directory is indeed
default.asp?
I do not see any problem with using the ../directory/ notation to post to
the default page.

Manohar Kamath

<form action="/mydir/">

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

[...]

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:44:40 -0500, "Manohar Kamath"

Yes. That's the one I use.

Also... this is not SSL.

I THINK it has to do with a header that's missing or something... the
server is parsing the http request and can't find a header, so I added
"http_referrer" [what ever . asp] in the response.addheader method...
and it didn't seem to help...

Is this a header issue... maybe the server can't parse a part of the
request and it just gives an error (microsoft security issue????)
<form action="/mydir/">

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

[...]

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:24:11 GMT, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

Does this mean we have to make default.asp a "switch board"

code within default.asp

if "no post from a form" then
server.transfer ("login.asp")
if "request.form("blah blah blah")
server.transfer ("some other page beyond login")

end of all obfusication

whtevr

Whoops... posted to root topic.