    page for THAT directory but IIS 5.0 says page not avail... etc...

    Any thoughts?
    , Oct 15, 2004

  2. Have you checked if the default page for a directory is indeed default.asp?
    I do not see any problem with using the ../directory/ notation to post to
    the default page.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath, Oct 15, 2004

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:45:00 -0500, "Manohar Kamath"
    <> wrote:

    Yes. In the management console I have default.asp as the top level
    default page.

    What is the actual string you would use for the action attrib?

    I request the /[directory]/[default.asp] page from the same server,
    BUT from a LINK on a page pulled from a separate directory. Hummm...
    maybe that is it?

    >Have you checked if the default page for a directory is indeed default.asp?
    >I do not see any problem with using the ../directory/ notation to post to
    >the default page.
    >
    >--
    >Manohar Kamath
    >Editor, .netWire
    >www.dotnetwire.com
    >

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Consider this HTML on an ASP page called default.asp in a virtual
    >> directory:
    >>
    >> <FORM name="Flogin" id="Flogin" action="" method=post>
    >> </FORM>
    >>
    >> Do I HAVE to put the literal "default.asp" into the action attrib to
    >> get this form to post back to the "default.asp" page in that
    >> directory?
    >>
    >> I don't want the user to SEE the absolute URL with the page
    >> "default.asp" in the browser address field. I'm using
    >> "server.transfer" for every other page redirect while in this
    >> directory... to obfusicate all other pages in the dir. Get it?
    >>
    >> I think I've tried everything, including "../[directory name]", which
    >> would indicate to the http post that it is to go to the "default.asp"
    >> page for THAT directory but IIS 5.0 says page not avail... etc...
    >>
    >> Any thoughts?

    , Oct 15, 2004
  4. i think you need as if you have indicate default.asp in the action attribute
    the page will submit the form to the current page only

    for example: current page was test.asp without value in the action attribute
    of the form
    when you submit the form, it will submit all form data to the test.asp only.

    --
    <Title>Analyst Programmer</Title>
    <Experience>3 years programming experience with 1 year system design
    Utada P.W. SIU, Oct 15, 2004
  5. There use to be a KB article about this, but it seems to be gone, or it's
    not an English-published article. See its contents here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...=#link10

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 15, 2004
  6. <form action="/mydir/">

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath, Oct 15, 2004

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:44:40 -0500, "Manohar Kamath"
    <> wrote:

    Yes. That's the one I use.

    Also... this is not SSL.

    I THINK it has to do with a header that's missing or something... the
    server is parsing the http request and can't find a header, so I added
    "http_referrer" [what ever . asp] in the response.addheader method...
    and it didn't seem to help...

    Is this a header issue... maybe the server can't parse a part of the
    request and it just gives an error (microsoft security issue????)

    ><form action="/mydir/">
    >

    >--
    >Manohar Kamath
    >Editor, .netWire
    >www.dotnetwire.com
    >

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:45:00 -0500, "Manohar Kamath"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Yes. In the management console I have default.asp as the top level
    >> default page.
    >>
    >> What is the actual string you would use for the action attrib?
    >>
    >> I request the /[directory]/[default.asp] page from the same server,
    >> BUT from a LINK on a page pulled from a separate directory. Hummm...
    >> maybe that is it?
    >>

    >> >Have you checked if the default page for a directory is indeed

    >default.asp?
    >> >I do not see any problem with using the ../directory/ notation to post to
    >> >the default page.
    >> >
    >> >--
    >> >Manohar Kamath
    >> >Editor, .netWire
    >> >www.dotnetwire.com

    , Oct 15, 2004

    Re: POST from form to "default.asp" (to respond to everyone)

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:24:11 GMT, wrote:

    Does this mean we have to make default.asp a "switch board"

    code within default.asp

    if "no post from a form" then
    server.transfer ("login.asp")
    if "request.form("blah blah blah")
    server.transfer ("some other page beyond login")

    end of all obfusication

    ???????????????

    >Consider this HTML on an ASP page called default.asp in a virtual
    >directory:
    >
    ><FORM name="Flogin" id="Flogin" action="" method=post>
    ></FORM>
    >
    >Do I HAVE to put the literal "default.asp" into the action attrib to
    >get this form to post back to the "default.asp" page in that
    >directory?
    >
    >I don't want the user to SEE the absolute URL with the page
    >"default.asp" in the browser address field. I'm using
    >"server.transfer" for every other page redirect while in this
    >directory... to obfusicate all other pages in the dir. Get it?
    >
    >I think I've tried everything, including "../[directory name]", which
    >would indicate to the http post that it is to go to the "default.asp"
    >page for THAT directory but IIS 5.0 says page not avail... etc...
    >
    >Any thoughts?

    , Oct 15, 2004

    Re: POST from form to "default.asp" (to respond to everyone)

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 03:06:23 GMT, wrote:

    Whoops... posted to root topic.

    >On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:24:11 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >Does this mean we have to make default.asp a "switch board"
    >
    >code within default.asp
    >
    >if "no post from a form" then
    > server.transfer ("login.asp")
    >if "request.form("blah blah blah")
    > server.transfer ("some other page beyond login")

    >end of all obfusication
    >
    >???????????????
    >

    >>Consider this HTML on an ASP page called default.asp in a virtual
    >>directory:
    >>
    >><FORM name="Flogin" id="Flogin" action="" method=post>
    >></FORM>
    >>
    >>Do I HAVE to put the literal "default.asp" into the action attrib to
    >>get this form to post back to the "default.asp" page in that
    >>directory?
    >>
    >>I don't want the user to SEE the absolute URL with the page
    >>"default.asp" in the browser address field. I'm using
    >>"server.transfer" for every other page redirect while in this
    >>directory... to obfusicate all other pages in the dir. Get it?
    >>
    >>I think I've tried everything, including "../[directory name]", which
    >>would indicate to the http post that it is to go to the "default.asp"
    >>page for THAT directory but IIS 5.0 says page not avail... etc...
    >>
    >>Any thoughts?

    , Oct 15, 2004