Post variables not visible until after reload

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Have, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Have

    Have Guest

    Okay, I've stumpled upon the most strange thing:

    It looks like a cache problem: A series of pages with forms are being
    submitted. The last one is a confirmation page, displaying the content of
    the post variables. Sometimes ... this last confirmation page is displayed
    with empty fields ... but, if the page is reloaded (this brings up the
    "The page cannot be reloaded with resending the information ..."-dialog,
    because of the post method) the fields is displayed with the correct
    content from the post variables. I'm deeply puzzled.

    - The pages are generated using PHP, but this cannot really be a PHP
    problem.
    - This only happens in Internet Explorer. Not in Opera, Mozilla, etc ...
    - Apparently it might be related to the latest security upgrades from
    Microsoft.
    One customer pointed out, that is worked for him until he did a Windows
    Update.
    - However, it doesn't happens every time. Sometimes it works. Sometimes is
    doesn't ...

    Any ideas or thoughts on this would be very appreciated. Thank you.

    E-mail: Replace no with com
    Have, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Have

    Have Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:18:39 +0100, Have <> wrote:

    > Okay, I've stumpled upon the most strange thing:

    And an URL to the page ... well, it's in Danish, but I'll guide you
    through it:

    http://www.lve.dk

    1. On the right side, a random product is displayed. Click "Tilføj til
    indkøbskurv" to add this product.
    2. Below this, there's not another button: Click "Afslut bestilling" to
    continue
    3. Step 1: Click "Godkend"
    4. Step 2: Click "Videre"
    5. Step 3: Enter something in the upper 7 input fields - then click
    "Godkend"
    6. Step 4: Enter something (like "12" in all fields) - Click "Videre"
    7. Step 5: This is the confirmation page, and should reflect the info you
    entered in step 3 ... I just tried two times in a row, where I had to
    reload to see the information. But now I cannot make it fail again.

    E-mail: Replace no with com
    Have, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Have

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Have <> writing
    in news:eek::

    > On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:18:39 +0100, Have <> wrote:
    >
    >> Okay, I've stumpled upon the most strange thing:

    > And an URL to the page ... well, it's in Danish, but I'll guide you
    > through it:
    >
    > http://www.lve.dk
    >
    > 1. On the right side, a random product is displayed. Click "Tilføj til
    > indkøbskurv" to add this product.
    > 2. Below this, there's not another button: Click "Afslut bestilling" to
    > continue
    > 3. Step 1: Click "Godkend"
    > 4. Step 2: Click "Videre"
    > 5. Step 3: Enter something in the upper 7 input fields - then click
    > "Godkend"
    > 6. Step 4: Enter something (like "12" in all fields) - Click "Videre"
    > 7. Step 5: This is the confirmation page, and should reflect the info
    > you entered in step 3 ... I just tried two times in a row, where I had
    > to reload to see the information. But now I cannot make it fail again.

    Haven't tried your form, but I recently had a similar problem in an ASP
    script that does almost the same thing. At first I thought it was the
    browser, but on closer examination it *was* the script. Check that a form
    variable isn't being written over somewhere.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Have

    TSA Guest

    Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem with
    a PHP script. The post variables show up using Netscape, but not with
    IE unless I hit reload (and repost) a few times. The script is well
    used and I know it works, so that's not the problem. Did a new IE 6
    patch break something? The site I am posting to is an SSL site.

    -Todd

    TSA, Feb 23, 2004