postback and refresh problem

francois

I have a ASPX form with a dropdownlist that makes a post back (to the same
page of course, just a normal asp.net postback)

That page also has an auto refresh javascript as it needs to refresh its
data automatically.

The problem is that when i click on the dropdownlist, i post back
information to the page, then after that the next refresh will brin me a
alert message populated by internet explorer saying:
"The page cannot be refreshd without resending the information. Click Retry
to send the information again, or click Cancel to return to the page that
you were trying to view."

I assume that IE, detects that the last request was a FORM POST (HTTP POST)
and then will automatically display this.

Is there anyone who knows how i can avoid this? I need to refresh the page
without this message appearing in the case i change the value on my
dropdownlist. And somehow my page need to reload through a postback or some
other way as I need to display some information that differs.

I hope this is clear enough, if not I will reformulate

Best regards,

Francois

Jos

francois said:
[...]

I would suggest to request the clean page again instead of refreshing.
The request can be done in javascript with
location.href = "nameofmypage.htm";