Postback data

m.a

Hello,

I want to investigate that data that is send to server during a postback.
I want to know it so I can optimize the postback data to speed up the
postback. It seems that my current application send around 100K of data
during a postback which I am sure I do not need all of these data. I know
that most of these data are related to viewstate, but I want to investigate
in detail. Is there any way that I can see the data that is send to server
during postback when I am testing my application in MSVC 2008?

Best regards

bruce barker

several options. install fiddler so you can see requests on the browser
side. you can also just dump the form collection on the server side.

it is a best practice to turn viewstate off on all pages. this may
require minor recoding (rebinding grids on postback, moving code from
onload to either oninit or createchildcontrols).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)