postback doesn't work with validators.!

Anushi

I have a strange problem.. once I put any validators on my form, say a
simple RequiredFieldValidator, then there is no postback happening.

Even on a button click, there is no refreshing of the form in the browser,
and no postback !!!

Is anyone else facing a similar problem ? What could be the possible
reasons?

I have even tried reinstalling VS.NET and IIS afresh, but no help !!

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Guest

Hi Anushi,

Really strange probs...

Postback will not happened, only if the validator controls are not met their
requirements or conditions. Otherwise post back has to occur.

Make sure that you are clearing all the coditions of the vaildator
control(s) you placed in your web form.

Cheers,

Jerome. M

Jos

Anushi said:
I have a strange problem.. once I put any validators on my form, say a
simple RequiredFieldValidator, then there is no postback happening.

Even on a button click, there is no refreshing of the form in the browser,
and no postback !!!

Is anyone else facing a similar problem ? What could be the possible
reasons?

I have even tried reinstalling VS.NET and IIS afresh, but no help !!

Sometimes this happens when you use ID's that conflict with particular
JavaScript methods or objects.
For instance, never give your button an ID="submit".

Jos

Anushi

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the response.
My validators are correctly set.
I tried the same application on other machines, they are working fine. So I
am suspecting there are some system level configurations which are missing..
maybe something in the machine.config file..
any ideas ?

Thanks again !

Iain Norman

Was going to add that see this for detailed explanation
http://scottonwriting.net/sowBlog/posts/2943.aspx

Thank you I've been having this problem and had just got around it by
disabling the client side checking!

Thanks again.

Would help if Microsofts KB article had the correct path in it though!

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322.aspnet_regiis.exe -c

should be

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -c

Doh.

Anushi

Thank you everyone for your inputs. However, I just got it working.

The .js files located here..
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322 were bad.

I replaced them with the ones created when I ran resiis again ! They were
at.. C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ASP.NETClientFiles

P.S. Ian Norman.. disabling client-side scripting is a work-around, yes. But
the validators start behaving wierdly after this. This has to do with the
client-side scripting, and the two javascript files which perform these
checks for you need to be in place :)