Postback problem?

Jerome

The selected item is always lost when I submit the page ... why??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here's my code:
**************

<%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html"
ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Sqlclient" %>
<script runat="server">

Dim strConString as String = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("conString")

Sub Page_Load

If Not IsPostBack then

Dim conRubriques as SQLConnection
Dim cmdSelect as SQLCommand
Dim dtrRubriques as SqlDataReader

conRubriques= New SqlConnection(strConString)
conRubriques.Open()
cmdSelect= New SqlCommand("SELECT dbo.tVisites.IDRubrique,
dbo.tVisites.VisiteOrdre, dbo.tVisites.VisiteNom, [NomRubrique] + ': ' +
[VisiteNom] AS Visite, dbo.tVisites.Internet FROM dbo.tVisites INNER
JOIN dbo.tRubriques ON dbo.tVisites.IDRubrique =
dbo.tRubriques.IDRubrique ORDER BY dbo.tVisites.VisiteOrdre", conRubriques)
dtrRubriques = cmdSelect.ExecuteReader()
listbox1.DataSource= dtrRubriques
listbox1.DataValueField = "IDRubrique"
listbox1.DataTextField = "Visite"
listbox1.DataBind()
dtrRubriques.Close()
conRubriques.Close()

End If

End Sub

Sub MergeActiv(s as object, e as eventargs)

textbox1.text=listbox1.SelectedItem.Text

End sub

</script>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<form runat="server">
<asp:ListBox ID="ListBox1" runat="server" SelectionMode="single"
Rows="5"></asp:ListBox>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Save"
OnClick="MergeActiv" /></p>
<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine"
Columns="200" />
</form>

Jerome

The selected item is not really lost, in fact the page always defaults
to the first item in the list and then copies it to my textbox! Even if
I had the third one selected for example.

any ideas?