    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK
    org |

    Martin Gregorie, Apr 27, 2007

  2. Martin Gregorie wrote:
    > Quick and obvious question:
    >
    > Is the Postgres TEXT data type the same as the standard SQL CLOB data type?

    It is the closest match, so I would say yes.

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Apr 28, 2007

  3. Martin Gregorie

    Tarkin Guest

    On Apr 27, 3:59 pm, Martin Gregorie <>
    wrote:
    > Quick and obvious question:
    >
    > Is the Postgres TEXT data type the same as the standard SQL CLOB data type?
    >
    > This is not, apparently, documented in the java.sql package javadocs,
    > the Postgres JDBC docs or the Postgres 8.1.8 manual. Leastways, a fairly
    > careful search in the obvious parts of these documents didn't turn up
    > anything.
    >
    > --
    > martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    > gregorie. | Essex, UK
    > org |

    http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/databases/postgresql.html

    Concurs w/ Arne.

    HTH,
    Tarkin
    (ps apologies if this posts twice; my interface is hiccuping)

    Tarkin, Apr 28, 2007
  4. Tarkin wrote:
    > On Apr 27, 3:59 pm, Martin Gregorie <>
    > wrote:
    >> Quick and obvious question:
    >>
    >> Is the Postgres TEXT data type the same as the standard SQL CLOB data type?
    >>
    >> This is not, apparently, documented in the java.sql package javadocs,
    >> the Postgres JDBC docs or the Postgres 8.1.8 manual. Leastways, a fairly
    >> careful search in the obvious parts of these documents didn't turn up
    >> anything.
    >>
    >> --
    >> martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    >> gregorie. | Essex, UK
    >> org |

    > http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/databases/postgresql.html
    >
    > Concurs w/ Arne.
    >

    > HTH,
    > Tarkin
    > (ps apologies if this posts twice; my interface is hiccuping)

    Thanks, guys.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK