PostgreSQL, Ruby, FX Ruby and Windows XP

Szymon Drejewicz

Is it possible to connect to PostgreSQL database using Ruby under
Windows XP. I need to do simple client for person who can use only
Windows and I consider many solutions (JDBC, Ruby, ODBC in Access and so
on).

Szymon Drejewicz

Gavin Sinclair

Is it possible to connect to PostgreSQL database using Ruby under
Windows XP. I need to do simple client for person who can use only
Windows and I consider many solutions (JDBC, Ruby, ODBC in Access and so
on).

Yes, you can download a postgres driver for Ruby from
raa.ruby-lang.org. Then you can use the DBI (database-independent)
module (also from RAA) to do nice high-level database programming. Or
you can use the driver directly if you wish.

I don't see how Windows comes into the picture, but I could be wrong.

Gavin

Szymon Drejewicz

Szymon said:
Is it possible to connect to PostgreSQL database using Ruby under
Windows XP. I need to do simple client for person who can use only
Windows and I consider many solutions (JDBC, Ruby, ODBC in Access and so
on).

Szymon Drejewicz

I'v solved my problem by using dbi:ODBC. Ruby is the best :^)