posting without having old page in history

tshad

I want to be able allow our users to push buttons to show and hide hidden
grids on my page.

The problem is that each one of these pages gets put into the history.
There is no need to go back, as the can just redisplay a grid by pushing a
button. Also, they could push a button (or many buttons) many times (say 15
times) and if they want to go the the previous page (the one that got them
there), they need to hit the back button 16 times to get to it.

Is there a way to post the page and just overwrite the page they are
leaving?

Thanks,

Tom.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

One technique is to make all of your "pages" user controls that are embedded
in one .aspx page and swapped in and out. If they try to go back, the go
back to the same page they are at.

tshad

Ken Cox said:
One technique is to make all of your "pages" user controls that are
embedded in one .aspx page and swapped in and out. If they try to go back,
the go back to the same page they are at.

I am not sure how you would do that.

Isn't there a way in the sort routine when the page gets sent back to just
tell it to replace the old history entry with the new one?

Thanks,

Tom.