PPM 'upgrade' command broken?

Eric McDaniel

Installation: Win32 ActivePerl 5.8.0.806

I'm not sure when this started happening, but...

ppm> upgrade
Email-MIME-Encodings 1.0: up to date.
File-BaseDir 0.02: up to date.
File-MimeInfo 0.6: new version 0.7 available in ActiveState PPM2 Repository
IO-stringy 2.108: up to date.
Image-IPTCInfo 1.7: up to date.

Ok, I see File-MimeInfo could use updating:

ppm> upgrade -install File-MimeInfo
File-MimeInfo 0.6: new version 0.7 available in ActiveState PPM2 Repository

And that's it. No upgrading actually occurs. I've tried all of the upgrade
options (-force, -follow, etc); the result is always the same.

I have to resort to uninstall and reinstall. I've done this for a few
packages and it works fine, so why not upgrade? I am doing this from an
administrative account.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
-Eric

James Willmore

Installation: Win32 ActivePerl 5.8.0.806
<snip>

Try going ActiveState's home page and looking under support. They
have a knowledge base you can search - and submit bug reports if you
can't find the answer to your question.

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
*** NEWSFLASH *** Russian tanks steamrolling through New
Jersey!!!! Details at eleven!

Sisyphus

James said:
<snip>

Try going ActiveState's home page and looking under support. They
have a knowledge base you can search - and submit bug reports if you
can't find the answer to your question.

HTH

I think AS also hosts a ppm-specific mailing list. Might be worth a shot.

Does the OP *need* to uninstall before doing an install ?
For me, 'ppm install ...' will install an update over the top. I've
found no need to first uninstall the outdated package.

But my ppm is quite old (version 2.1.4.0 - or something like that). It
has given me no trouble at all.

Cheers,
Rob