PPM 'upgrade' command broken?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Eric McDaniel, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Installation: Win32 ActivePerl 5.8.0.806

    I'm not sure when this started happening, but...

    ppm> upgrade
    Email-MIME-Encodings 1.0: up to date.
    File-BaseDir 0.02: up to date.
    File-MimeInfo 0.6: new version 0.7 available in ActiveState PPM2 Repository
    IO-stringy 2.108: up to date.
    Image-IPTCInfo 1.7: up to date.

    Ok, I see File-MimeInfo could use updating:

    ppm> upgrade -install File-MimeInfo
    File-MimeInfo 0.6: new version 0.7 available in ActiveState PPM2 Repository

    And that's it. No upgrading actually occurs. I've tried all of the upgrade
    options (-force, -follow, etc); the result is always the same.

    I have to resort to uninstall and reinstall. I've done this for a few
    packages and it works fine, so why not upgrade? I am doing this from an
    administrative account.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    -Eric
    Eric McDaniel, Oct 15, 2003

  2. On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:53:32 GMT
    "Eric McDaniel" <> wrote:

    > Installation: Win32 ActivePerl 5.8.0.806

    <snip>

    Try going ActiveState's home page and looking under support. They
    have a knowledge base you can search - and submit bug reports if you
    can't find the answer to your question.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    *** NEWSFLASH *** Russian tanks steamrolling through New
    Jersey!!!! Details at eleven!
    James Willmore, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Eric McDaniel

    Sisyphus Guest

    James Willmore wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:53:32 GMT
    > "Eric McDaniel" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Installation: Win32 ActivePerl 5.8.0.806

    > <snip>
    >
    > Try going ActiveState's home page and looking under support. They
    > have a knowledge base you can search - and submit bug reports if you
    > can't find the answer to your question.
    >
    > HTH

    I think AS also hosts a ppm-specific mailing list. Might be worth a shot.

    Does the OP *need* to uninstall before doing an install ?
    For me, 'ppm install ...' will install an update over the top. I've
    found no need to first uninstall the outdated package.

    But my ppm is quite old (version 2.1.4.0 - or something like that). It
    has given me no trouble at all.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Oct 16, 2003