Practical JSP Tag Files

Eric Jablow

For a work project, I have written a simple
JSP 2.0 tag file using the JSTL to convert
code like

<hh:label for="name" label="Name"
accessKey="N" keyClass="akey"
required="true"/>

<label for="name">
</label>

I find the second one harder to read, and harder
to give a web designer to fill out.

Do any of you know of similar open source tag
files or tag libraries that make common HTML
tasks simpler to perform? I would be willing
to contribute.

Yes, I know hh:label would need to change
if I wanted to support i18n. And I'd be using
CSS to style the class and the em.

Lew

Eric said:
For a work project, I have written a simple
JSP 2.0 tag file using the JSTL to convert
code like

<hh:label for="name" label="Name"
accessKey="N" keyClass="akey"
required="true"/>

<label for="name">
</label>

I find the second one harder to read, and harder
to give a web designer to fill out.

Do any of you know of similar open source tag
files or tag libraries that make common HTML
tasks simpler to perform? I would be willing
to contribute.

Yes, I know hh:label would need to change
if I wanted to support i18n. And I'd be using
CSS to style the class and the em.

Your tag sports a subset of the capabilities of the <h:eek:utputLabel> tag of
Java Server Faces (JSF). a standard part of JEE.

<http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/1.2/docs/tlddocs/h/outputLabel.html>

Among other things, the JSF tags include the ability to bind to server-side
logic, and can implement AJAX solutions (e.g., following Sun's Java Blueprints).

JSF includes robust support for resource bundles and stylesheets.