Preliminary LOLQs for the Year of 2003!

Lois

Duende advised:
: Your wasteing your time trying to figure out brucie. Humans don't
: understand his species.

That sounds like the voice of experience. :) Actually, I got that idea
pretty fast after seeing a few of his posts. I mostly wanted to dangle some
verbal string in front of him and see if he'd pounce kitten-like. He doesn't
know me yet either, but I've posted only a few times in NGs where he hangs
out.

Lois

Lois

"brucie" commented:
: if "they" are stupid enough to believe i know shit then "they" deserve
: it. i would also recommend a good smack in the head.

Your modesty shines through.

: > I can only guess at your reasons for not letting your posts be archived.
:
: there appears to be something wrong with your brain.

Then again, you did say "if "they" are stupid enough to believe i know
shit...."

: i clearly stated
: why earlier in the thread.

I only saw the "what" (the X-No-Archive: yes in your headers), not the
"why." I was going to check the Google archives in case my newsreader hadn't
downloaded all the posts in this thread, but gee, I won't find your posts
there.

Thanks Audry for your insight. :)

Lois

Malcolm Collett

LOLQs for the year of 2003

I am a newbie, mostly just lurking on alt.html.

I would like to thank everyone on this list (and some not on the list) for
the help given to me over the last 3 months. I have learnt a lot.

Thanks guys
Malcolm

Voetleuce en f?nsievry

Sam Hughes said:
LOLQs for the year of 2003
Notables on last year's preliminary list and their LOLQs:
Voetleuce 498 59 ! !

That's because my employer's smart IT department fixed their firewall
so I can't get Usenet via ordinary NNTP and I hate using Google Groups
where a message takes *hours* to reach the void. So unless you can
point me to a web-to-Usenet or mail-to-Usenet solution that works
fast... well...

Plus I'm stuck at the office on a W95 box running NS4, IE5 and OP6...
so I can't help test stuff as much as I'd like to.

PeterMcC

That's because my employer's smart IT department fixed their firewall
so I can't get Usenet via ordinary NNTP and I hate using Google Groups
where a message takes *hours* to reach the void. So unless you can
point me to a web-to-Usenet or mail-to-Usenet solution that works
fast... well...

Plus I'm stuck at the office on a W95 box running NS4, IE5 and OP6...
so I can't help test stuff as much as I'd like to.

Have you tried http://www.forum4designers.com ? They're very helpful when it
comes to keeping people in touch with what's happening here.

:)

William Tasso

Voetleuce said:
Plus I'm stuck at the office on a W95 box running NS4, IE5 and OP6...
so I can't help test stuff as much as I'd like to.

ouch - that's just gotta be painful

Sid Ismail

On 21 Jan 2004 04:56:36 -0800, (e-mail address removed) (Voetleuce en
f?nsievry) wrote:

:
: > LOLQs for the year of 2003
:
: > Notables on last year's preliminary list and their LOLQs:
:
: > Voetleuce 498 59 ! !
:
: That's because my employer's smart IT department fixed their firewall
: so I can't get Usenet via ordinary NNTP and I hate using Google Groups
: where a message takes *hours* to reach the void. So unless you can
: point me to a web-to-Usenet or mail-to-Usenet solution that works
: fast... well...
:
: Plus I'm stuck at the office on a W95 box running NS4, IE5 and OP6...
: so I can't help test stuff as much as I'd like to.

Pur Freeagent on your home computer...

Sid

Voetleuce en f?nsievry

f?nsievry) wrote:
: Sam Hughes <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
: > LOLQs for the year of 2003

: > Notables on last year's preliminary list and their LOLQs:

: > Voetleuce 498 59 ! !
: That's because my employer's smart IT department fixed their firewall
: so I can't get Usenet via ordinary NNTP and I hate using Google Groups
: where a message takes *hours* to reach the void.
Pur Freeagent on your home computer...

Freeagent requires an NNTP address to work. Unless I'm mistaken
(which I'll gladly be).