preserving a value between postbacks, how?

Jeff

hi

on my webpage I have a generic list of pictures which I want stored between
postbacks.

because this problem is about webpage where user can write an article and
upload pictures related to it. So the article need to be stored in the
database before the pictures can be stored in the table they are intended to
be stored in... maybe meanwhile they can be stored in another table?

I've read about viewstates, session, cache etc.... don't think it's a good
idea to preserving a the array of pictures by putting it there... So I'm
thinking about storing the values in the database, but I don't know how.

but instead store them temporarly in aohter table.. should I use a temp
table for this? what is best practice storing postback values in the
database

I'm well aware of how to store and retrieve data in the database,.When I say
Idon't know how to store postbacks values in the database, I mean that I
don't know what is best practice for storing the postback values in the
database... Should it be a temporarly table? What should I use to identify
these pictures in the table, Should I use SessionId as a field in this table
so I can identify pictures related to each session ?

any suggestions?

Guest

[...]

I gave you an example with a database
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...read/thread/b94fc7ca724b4531/e80b9c570758f414