preserving vars sent by POST method after redirecting by .htaccess

joe

Dear fellow-perlers,

The situation is like this: I'd like my .htacces-file to catch all 404
errors. When this .htaccess is located in directory './bla' and a user looks
for a non-existing page './bla/plop/asd', then the .htaccess should cath the
error and redirect to another page to handle this request. So far so good.
The newly called script knows from the original URL several vars (like plop
and asd) and sends these to another script using the GET method.

This way I can send vars through the URL, without using a question mark. Or
maybe do both, like in './bla/plop/asd?cur=dollar'. But what about vars sent
using the POST method. These vars arrive at the .htaccess, but get lost
redirecting to a script that handles the request. Or not...?

In short, is there a way to collect them afterwards or preserve them while
redirecting?

Thanks in advance!

Joe
The Netherlands