Pressing keys in SELECT- Firefox hangs

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Jan Doggen, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Jan Doggen

    Jan Doggen Guest

    Hello.
    I noticed an onchange() in SELECT not working in Firefox, after stripping
    non-essential stuff this is what's left:

    <select size="3">
    <option value="1">Voortgezet onderwijs</option>
    <option value="2">Basisonderwijs</option>
    <option value="3">Speciaal onderwijs</option>
    </select>

    I found out that pressing V, B, or S in the HTML below works a couple of
    times, then freezes. If I press these keys with a long time between them, it
    works, but when speeding up, pretty soon the select no longer updates.

    This is FireFox 1.5.0.7, no extensions.
    IE doesn't care how fast I press the keys, it updates the control.

    Any ideas? Am I missing something here?
    Can others reproduce this?
    Thanks in advance
    Jan