Previous return values from a BE method are shown when refreshing an ASP calling that method

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Shekhar, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Shekhar

    Shekhar Guest

    My ASP always calls a DLL that was constructed using VFP Code. If needed,
    this DLL can call a VFP External Class Method that is outside the DLL for
    some process. The DLL is bound with COM always.

    I have this External Class setup because, If a quick fix is needed, I can
    manage this with just sending modified External Class Library instead of the
    DLL.

    But the problem arrives this way.

    - Call ASP to receive old value X from existing External Class Method - this
    works fine
    - Call ASP to receive new value Y from modified External Class Method - this
    does not work
    - Shutdown COM object that cotains DLL and then,
    - Call ASP to receive new value Y from modified External Class Method - this
    works fine

    My only idea to have External Class Library is not to disturb existing COM
    setup (shutdown etc) for any quick fix. Does anybody have a clue whether can
    I achieve this without disturbing COM?

    - Shekhar
    Shekhar, Jul 16, 2004