Printed output from a form

Al Jones

Pleae point me in the right direction. An acquaintance (who I'd like to
turn into a client) has a program which displays the information resulting
from form input onto the screen ... How do I format and then print it on
his local printer.

Hywel Jenkins

Pleae point me in the right direction. An acquaintance (who I'd like to
turn into a client) has a program which displays the information resulting
from form input onto the screen ... How do I format and then print it on
his local printer.

All this in the browser? How will the data get from his program to the
browser?

Hywel Jenkins

Argh .. I shouldn't try to think (especially to write) when I'm tired.
I've redone his input program as a fairly simple form.
I can (asp) reformat everything and send it as an email message - but he
wants the ability to print it locally.
Probably DOM but I don't know where to begin looking and google either is
no help or I can't come up with the right combination of searchs

What about something like window.print() - will probably ask him to
press OK, though. Format it using HTML and CSS.