    Student of IUT
    Department CEE
    ROLL: 095426
    Jahid Hasan, May 16, 2010

  2. Jahid Hasan

    Bill Reid Guest

    On May 16, 10:59 am, Jahid Hasan <> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    > what is the difference between Printf & Scanf?
    >
    > Jahid Hasan
    > Student of IUT
    > Department CEE
    > ROLL: 095426

    Looks like they're completely different except for
    the "f" at the end. Now me, I usually put the "f"
    at the front, like "fIUT".

    ---
    William Ernest Reid
    Bill Reid, May 17, 2010

  3. Jahid Hasan

    John Bode Guest

    On May 16, 12:59 pm, Jahid Hasan <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    > what is the difference between Printf & Scanf?
    >
    > Jahid Hasan
    > Student of IUT
    > Department CEE
    > ROLL: 095426

    This should be explained in your handy C reference manual. My primary
    reference is "C: A Reference Manual" by Harbison & Steele, 5th
    edition. I do not know if it has been translated into languages other
    than English, though.

    Serious question: does the CEE department at IUT recommend using
    comp.lang.c as a primary C language reference instead of print
    references like H&S or K&R? If so, then they are setting their
    students up for failure. c.l.c can be a useful resource if you're
    stuck trying to figure out why something doesn't work, but it's not a
    substitute for a good reference manual.
    John Bode, May 17, 2010
  4. In article <>,
    John Bode <> wrote a bunch of stuff, covering wide
    variety of uninteresting topics, leading up to:
    >c.l.c can be a useful resource if you're bored and like to engage in
    >mental masturbation with other like minded folk, but it's not a
    >good way to learn anything about C or programming. The best threads
    >here are all "off-topic".

    HTH

    --
    (This discussion group is about C, ...)

    Wrong. It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
    about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
    off-topic Rorsharch [sic] revelations of the childhood
    traumas of the participants...
    Kenny McCormack, May 17, 2010
  5. Jahid Hasan

    John Bode Guest

    On May 17, 1:11 pm, (Kenny McCormack)
    wrote:
    > In article <..com>,
    > John Bode  <> wrote a bunch of stuff, covering  wide
    > variety of uninteresting topics, leading up to:
    >
    > >c.l.c can be a useful resource if you're bored and like to engage in
    > >mental masturbation with other like minded folk, but it's not a
    > >good way to learn anything about C or programming.  The best threads
    > >here are all "off-topic".

    You know, I thought about adding a line like "shut up, Kenny; you too,
    Nilges" to the end of my post but decided against it in the interests
    of not provoking a flamefest.

    So much for that plan.

    Shut the hell up, Kenny.
    John Bode, May 17, 2010