Printf & scanf

Jahid Hasan

Hi everyone,
what is the difference between Printf & Scanf?

Jahid Hasan
Student of IUT
Department CEE
ROLL: 095426

Bill Reid

Hi everyone,
what is the difference between Printf & Scanf?

Jahid Hasan
Student of IUT
Department CEE
ROLL: 095426

Looks like they're completely different except for
the "f" at the end. Now me, I usually put the "f"
at the front, like "fIUT".

John Bode

Hi everyone,
what is the difference between Printf & Scanf?

Jahid Hasan
Student of IUT
Department CEE
ROLL: 095426

This should be explained in your handy C reference manual. My primary
reference is "C: A Reference Manual" by Harbison & Steele, 5th
edition. I do not know if it has been translated into languages other
than English, though.

Serious question: does the CEE department at IUT recommend using
comp.lang.c as a primary C language reference instead of print
references like H&S or K&R? If so, then they are setting their
students up for failure. c.l.c can be a useful resource if you're
stuck trying to figure out why something doesn't work, but it's not a
substitute for a good reference manual.

Kenny McCormack

c.l.c can be a useful resource if you're bored and like to engage in
mental masturbation with other like minded folk, but it's not a
good way to learn anything about C or programming. The best threads
here are all "off-topic".

HTH

--
(This discussion group is about C, ...)

Wrong. It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
off-topic Rorsharch [sic] revelations of the childhood
traumas of the participants...

John Bode

You know, I thought about adding a line like "shut up, Kenny; you too,
Nilges" to the end of my post but decided against it in the interests
of not provoking a flamefest.

So much for that plan.

Shut the hell up, Kenny.