Printing frames - or only part of a page

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Yitzak, Aug 21, 2007.

  1. Yitzak

    Yitzak Guest

    I apologise as this is not strictly a Javascript issue - I'm new to
    web development.

    I have a page which is produced dynamically from ASP. Say its a
    letter, underneath the letter I want to add a print button and a
    couple of links to other pages on the site.

    I want to be able to print the page out without printing the Print
    button or links.

    I thought of sticking the letter's content in a Frame and the buttons
    and links outside of frame.
    and just printing the frame.

    My issue is the <frame src=somefile.html> tag - I don't have a source
    html file but want to create dynamic content in a frame.

    <frameset cols="100%">
    <frame name="frame1">
    <HTML>
    put some content in here
    </HTML>
    </frameset>

    Is this the wrong approach - is there better way to print just a
    certain part of the web page, mark things as "not printable"
    Yitzak, Aug 21, 2007

  2. Yitzak

    Yitzak Guest

    On 21 Aug, 21:44, Randy Webb <> wrote:
    > Yitzak said the following on 8/21/2007 3:54 PM:
    >
    > > I apologise as this is not strictly a Javascript issue - I'm new to
    > > web development.

    > > I have a page which is produced dynamically from ASP. Say its a
    > > letter, underneath the letter I want to add a print button and a
    > > couple of links to other pages on the site.

    > > I want to be able to print the page out without printing the Print
    > > button or links.

    > Use CSS to style your print document.
    > comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheetshttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesh...
    > --
    > Randy
    > Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

    Thanks just got it to work. Perfect for my simple case.

    "You don't know what you don't know"
    Yitzak, Aug 23, 2007