Printing on the client side

Ryan Moran

Hi,

I am writing a ASP.NET application using VB.NET and
everything is hunky dorey except for one thing. I am
having real problems printing to a printer on the client
side. I need to be able to send escape characters to a
printer and I was able to do this no problem on the server
side with a VB.NET application. however, I have no clue
how to do this on the client side. The closest thing I
have found is to associate the javascript window.print()
with the clicking of a button, that doesn't really help
with my problem. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do
this?

Thanks,
Ryan

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

You cant really interact with the clients printer in that way without
extending IE, with trusted activex controls or using trusted applets. If
your working in an intranet and have access to the clients printer then you
send the contents you wish to print back to the server, and have some code
that picks up the job request on the server and prints the control chars to
the shared printer.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)