Printing out built-in variables

sconeek

hi all,

I am working on a virtual keyboard. the page is a combination of html
and javascript. the html page is made up of a lot of frames. now i am
unable to implement the actual keyboard functionality as i am unable to
properly reference the frames. the top and bottom frames display some
information and the middle frame has the keyboard with a couple of text
fields.

is there a way to print out the values within built-in variables like
this, document, main, parent so that i can find out what i am doing
wrong.

please help. thanks.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 12/19/2005 12:33 AM:
hi all,

I am working on a virtual keyboard. the page is a combination of html
and javascript. the html page is made up of a lot of frames. now i am
unable to implement the actual keyboard functionality as i am unable to
properly reference the frames. the top and bottom frames display some
information and the middle frame has the keyboard with a couple of text
fields.

is there a way to print out the values within built-in variables like
this, document, main, parent so that i can find out what i am doing
wrong.

Use a for-in loop:

for (i in document){
document.write(document);
}

for (k in this){
document.write(k[this]);
}

And so on. Sounds like you have more of a key trapping problem than
finding out what is in what.