PrintWriter as blob with mysql

belletti.stefano

** sorry for the multipost on comp.lang.java.help **

probably it's a poor design of my application, however ...

in a class i create
PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter( new
BufferedOutputStream(socket.getOutputStream(), 1024), true);
then i "insert" it in a blob field in a mysql table
the insertion seems ok, the field contains something
like:"java.io.PrintWriter@c2ff5"

in another class i read that blob field (and try to use it as a
PrintWriter)

Blob writerletto = rs.getBlob("blobfield");
but it contains:"com.mysql.jdbc.Blob@1adc30" !!
and i'm not able to use it as a PrintWriter.

I've tried something like
pwTo=new PrintWriter(writerletto);
but there is not such constructor.

am idefinetely on the WRONG road ?

thank you

** sorry for the multipost on comp.lang.java.help **

Daniel Pitts

** sorry for the multipost on comp.lang.java.help **

Good practice suggest that either you cancel your old message and
cross-post, or you cross-post a new message in reply to the original
which contains your quoted post and the reason you are re-posting it (eg
to widen the audience)

belletti.stefano

i humbly apologize for multiposting.
(i don't think i can - and surely i dont know how - can cancel an
already sent post)
and really thanks all those who helped me.

belletti.stefano