Probing for DLL's in ASP.Net 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q29ycG9yYXRlQ29kZXI=?=, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. Is there a way to group dll files in the bin directory for ASP.net 2.0 Web
    Site projects and have the CLR find them? I tried adding the following to
    the appropriate location in the web.config file to indicate I wanted it to
    look in the bin\subbin directory, but to no success. I do not have any
    <codebase> defined.

    <configuration>
    <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <probing privatePath="bin\subbin"/>
    </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>
    </configuration>

    My bin directory is under root and my binary is culture neutral so I believe
    I should be looking in:

    bin\subbin

    Does probing even work for Web projects?

    Any help would be appreciated,

    Thanks,
    Dean

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29ycG9yYXRlQ29kZXI=?=, Mar 7, 2006