Problem Binding DS to DropDownList

Wayne Wengert

I am trying to use the built-in SQLConnection, SQLDataAdapter and Dataset
components to populate the items in a DropDown List. I configured the
connection, adapter anbd dataset and can preview the data. In the PageLoad
event I have the following code:
-------------------------------
SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11, "Regional")

DropDownList1.DataBind()

-------------------------------

When I run the page I get the following error. I am not certain what it is
saying? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Index 0 is not non-negative and below total rows count.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index 0 is not
non-negative and below total rows count.

Source Error:

Line 22: <asp:ListItem Value="Perc">Perc</asp:ListItem>
Line 23: </asp:RadioButtonList>
Line 24: <asp:DropDownList id=DropDownList1 style="Z-INDEX: 105; LEFT:
216px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 104px" runat="server" Width="169px"
Height="24px" DataSource='<%# DataBinder.Eval(DataSet11,
"Tables[Regionals].DefaultView.[0].RegionalID") %>'
DataTextField="RegionalID" DataMember="Regionals"
DataValueField="RegionalID" AutoPostBack="True">
Line 25: </asp:DropDownList>
Line 26: <asp:Label id="Label4" style="Z-INDEX: 106; LEFT: 219px;
POSITION: absolute; TOP: 82px" runat="server"

Saravana

You are accessing the datatable with wrong name.. change your datasource
property of dropdownlist like this, it will work..
DataSource='<%# DataBinder.Eval(DataSet11,
"Tables[Regional].DefaultView.[0].RegionalID") %>'