Problem connecting to Oracle database

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Jaime Stuardo, Oct 19, 2005.

  1. Hi all...

    I have an ASP.NET application where I placed a DataSource control connected
    to an Oracle 7.3.4 database using MSDAORA provider.

    When I configured the connection string I chose Oracle Database as the data
    source and .NET Framework Data Provider for OLEDB as the data provider.

    In the connnection string configuration wizard, I can use a query to test
    the results and also I could see the connection in Server Explorer tab. I can
    see the database tables, views and stored procedures. All that means that I
    have a good connection to Oracle.

    On the other hand, I placed a Data Grid control in the page, configured to
    use the data source control already created. The grid refreshes columns
    according to the query I entered in the connection string wizard.

    When I run the application, I get the error telling that Oracle client
    components weren't found and that I must install Oracle client 7.3.3 or
    above. I tried using Oracle provider in connection string but it produces the
    same error but concerning Oracle 8 and above.

    The fact is that I have Oracle 9i client installed in my machine. I can use
    tools such TOAD to query the database, and even, as I told, when I configure
    the connection string in Visual Studio I can use queries to see the results.

    I use ASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005.

    Thanks a lot in advance
    Jaime

    What may be happening?

    Thanks a lot in advance,
    Jaime
    Jaime Stuardo, Oct 19, 2005

  2. I have solved it. It was finally a security problem for the Oracle home folder.

    Thanks anyway
    Jaime

    Jaime Stuardo, Oct 19, 2005