Problem connecting to Oracle database

Jaime Stuardo

Hi all...

I have an ASP.NET application where I placed a DataSource control connected
to an Oracle 7.3.4 database using MSDAORA provider.

When I configured the connection string I chose Oracle Database as the data
source and .NET Framework Data Provider for OLEDB as the data provider.

In the connnection string configuration wizard, I can use a query to test
the results and also I could see the connection in Server Explorer tab. I can
see the database tables, views and stored procedures. All that means that I
have a good connection to Oracle.

On the other hand, I placed a Data Grid control in the page, configured to
use the data source control already created. The grid refreshes columns
according to the query I entered in the connection string wizard.

When I run the application, I get the error telling that Oracle client
components weren't found and that I must install Oracle client 7.3.3 or
above. I tried using Oracle provider in connection string but it produces the
same error but concerning Oracle 8 and above.

The fact is that I have Oracle 9i client installed in my machine. I can use
tools such TOAD to query the database, and even, as I told, when I configure
the connection string in Visual Studio I can use queries to see the results.

I use ASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005.

Thanks a lot in advance
Jaime

What may be happening?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Jaime

Jaime Stuardo

I have solved it. It was finally a security problem for the Oracle home folder.

Thanks anyway
Jaime