Problem dynamically adding Custom Web Control.

Gibble

Hi,
I can't seem to get my control to render properly. When I just placed
it on the page it was working fine...and the RenderContents sub is
getting fired...I'm guessing it's just too late???

The HoverMenuExtender renders, the PopPanel renders, and the Literal
(Hello World) renders on the page. But my MiniExhibitPopup does not.

Here's the pertinent code:

Partial Public Class _Default
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

For i As Integer = 1 To 10
Dim Panel As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel =
CType(Page.FindControl("ME" + i.ToString),
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel)

Dim PopPanel As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel
With PopPanel
.ID = "PopupMenu" + i.ToString
.CssClass = "MiniExhibitPopup"
.Controls.Add(New MiniExhibitPopup)
.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("Hello World!"))
End With
Page.Form.Controls.Add(PopPanel)

Dim HoverMenuExtender As New
AjaxControlToolkit.HoverMenuExtender
With HoverMenuExtender
.ID = "h" + Panel.ID
.PopupControlID = PopPanel.ID
.PopupPosition =
AjaxControlToolkit.HoverMenuPopupPosition.Center
.TargetControlID = Panel.ID
.PopDelay = 500
End With
Page.Form.Controls.Add(HoverMenuExtender)
Next
End Sub
End Class

Public Class MiniExhibitPopup
Inherits WebControl

Protected Overrides Sub RenderContents(ByVal writer As
HtmlTextWriter)
Dim html As String
Dim objReader As IO.StreamReader

Try
objReader = New StreamReader(Context.Server.MapPath("~/
Controls/MiniExhibitPopup/MiniExhibitPopup.htm"))
html = objReader.ReadToEnd()
objReader.Close()
Catch Ex As Exception
Throw Ex
End Try

html = html.Replace("##EXHIBITNAME##", "The Chadwikiti Hut")
html = html.Replace("##USERNAME##", "Chad Hurd")
html = html.Replace("##DESCRIPTION##", "Lorum Ipsum Lorum
Ipsum Lorum Ipsum Lorum Ipsum Lorum Ipsum Lorum Ipsum Lorum Ipsum
Lorum Ipsum ")
html = html.Replace("##ATTENDEES##", "0")
html = html.Replace("##USERIMAGE##", "/Images/face.jpg")

writer.Write(html)
End Sub
End Class

Please help. Thanks,