Problem installing rubygems in Vista/cygwin

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Marcus Brito, Oct 5, 2008.

  1. Marcus Brito

    Marcus Brito Guest

    Hello, folks.

    I'm experiencing some trouble trying to install rubygems-1.3.0 on
    Windows Vista (under cygwin). The same problem occurs when I try to
    instal 1.2.0. Here's what happens:

    $ ruby setup.rb
    mkdir -p /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8
    mkdir -p /usr/bin
    install -c -m 0644 rbconfig/datadir.rb
    /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rbconfig/datadir.rb
    (... lots of install commands ...)
    install -c -m 0644 ubygems.rb /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ubygems.rb
    cp gem /cygdrive/c/Users/Pazu/AppData/Local/Temp/gem
    rm /cygdrive/c/Users/Pazu/AppData/Local/Temp/gem
    setup.rb:185:in `initialize': Permission denied -
    /cygdrive/c/Users/Pazu/AppData/Local/Temp/gem (Errno::EACCES)
    from setup.rb:185:in `open'
    from setup.rb:185
    from setup.rb:170:in `each'
    from setup.rb:170
    from setup.rb:165:in `chdir'
    from setup.rb:165

    I've tried disabling UAC, but the results are the same. I've checked
    permissions for the Temp directory, and it's definitely writable. I'm at
    a lost about what to try next, any help is appreciated.

    Thanks!

    -- Pazu
    Marcus Brito, Oct 5, 2008

  2. Marcus Brito

    Marcus Brito Guest

    Marcus Brito wrote:

    > I'm experiencing some trouble trying to install rubygems-1.3.0 on
    > Windows Vista (under cygwin). The same problem occurs when I try to
    > instal 1.2.0. Here's what happens:

    (snip)

    Whatever the problem was, seems to be fixed in trunk. I've downloaded
    the most recent rubygems code from subversion, and it installed OK.
    Marcus Brito, Oct 5, 2008