problem outputting GIF file when loaded into Bitmap object

Stimp

Hi,
I output a GIF file, loaded into a Bitmap, as follows:

Dim imgMap As New
Bitmap(System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath("original.gif")))

Response.ContentType = "image/gif"

imgMap.Save(Response.OutputStream,
System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Gif)

I normally do some additional actions on the bitmap before saving, but
I'm keeping this simple for this example..

The response thread outputs the gif... the problem is that the GIF
appears 'dotty'. i.e. it seems the pallete of the GIF gets mixed up
somewhere along the way

Here is the original GIF:
www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~stimpy/graphics/original.gif

Here is the result GIF after the above ASP code has processed:
www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~stimpy/graphics/result.gif

Any ideas how I could get the output GIF to appear as normal?

Thanks!
Peter

Kevin Spencer

Offhand, it looks like you're using a different pallette in the result gif.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer