problem removing HttpRedirect in a script

Scott Glover

Hi,
I'm running IIS on Win2K Advanced Server. My backend database on unix
gets suspended each night for backup purposes. This causes problems
for the middleware if users try to access the database during this
time.
So I thought I'd redirect all requests for pages in my app to a page
saying the site is offline temporarily (ten minutes)
I'm trying to do this using VBScript, exposing the IIS architecture
using

set iisobj = GetObject("IIS://localhost/W3svc/1/ROOT/apps")

where "apps" is the name of the virtual directory where my app
resides. I redirect using

iisobj.Put "HttpRedirect", "http://mymachine/offline.asp,
EXACT_DESTINATION"

and all this works fine.

My problem arises when I try to revert the redirect, ie, get rid of
it. I've tried setting the HttpRedirect property to an empty string
but requests for eg, http://mymachine/apps/login.asp are redirected to
http://mymachine/login.asp, which doesn't exist. I also tried setting
HttpRedirect to "http://" but I get Cannot Find Server Page Cannot Be
Displayed when I try to browse to http://mymachine/apps/login.asp. I
tried stopping and starting the server but no joy. The only way I can
get it back is by setting the HttpRedirect as above and then opening
the IIS mmc snap-in and clicking the radio button for "A directory
located on this computer" in the property pages for my virtual
directory.

does anybody know how I can do this using a script?

Thanks
Scott