Problem removing win32all (163)

Stéphane Ninin

Hello,

I had problems installing a few months ago the win32all (number 163)
on windows 2000, and I want now to install the new version from sourceforge.

I read on the site:
Please uninstall old win32all versions (the installer will insist on this)
before installing the new package.

Problem is, when I want to unistall it,
a window appears "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file"...
and unistallation stops.

Is there a clean way to remove the package ?
Which directories, registry settings, must be cleaned ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Thomas Heller

Stéphane Ninin said:
Hello,

I had problems installing a few months ago the win32all (number 163)
on windows 2000, and I want now to install the new version from sourceforge.

I read on the site:
Please uninstall old win32all versions (the installer will insist on this)
before installing the new package.

Problem is, when I want to unistall it,
a window appears "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file"...
and unistallation stops.

Is there a clean way to remove the package ?
Which directories, registry settings, must be cleaned ?

If the uninstall information is missing, you may get it back by
*installing* the package again, and then uninstall it.
I've used this recipe with several windows products, and in general it
works well.

Thomas

Stéphane Ninin

Also sprach Thomas Heller :
If the uninstall information is missing, you may get it back by
*installing* the package again, and then uninstall it.
I've used this recipe with several windows products, and in general it
works well.

I have tried, but for some reason, after reinstalling, and uninstalling
(and re-reinstalling and re-uninstalling, ad lib...),
in the "Add/remove programs",
the "Python 2.3 combined Win32 extensions" is still here.

And if I install the new version on top of this,
then in the "Add/remove software" panel,
I will find the two versions.

Maybe this doesnot matter or maybe
I should just remove some line in registry ?

Thomas Heller

Stéphane Ninin said:
Also sprach Thomas Heller :

I have tried, but for some reason, after reinstalling, and uninstalling
(and re-reinstalling and re-uninstalling, ad lib...),
in the "Add/remove programs",
the "Python 2.3 combined Win32 extensions" is still here.

And if I install the new version on top of this,
then in the "Add/remove software" panel,
I will find the two versions.

Maybe this doesnot matter or maybe
I should just remove some line in registry ?

IIRC, it should be a subkey of
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Thomas

Stéphane Ninin

Also sprach Thomas Heller :
IIRC, it should be a subkey of
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Yes, that's it.
New version on surceforge use diferent name for the subkey, btw.

Thanks a lot.