Problem sending email

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by VB Programmer, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. I'm encountering an error whenever I try to email people not in my domain.

    I get this error:

    The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
    was: 550 You must check your mail from this IP or SMTP Auth before sending

    Here's the full error:

    System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. --->
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
    the target of an invocation. --->
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004020F): The server
    rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 You
    must check your mail from this IP or SMTP Auth before sending to
    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at
    System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr,
    Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture,
    String[] namedParameters) at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name,
    BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args,
    ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[]
    namedParameters) at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object
    obj, String methodName, Object[] args) --- End of inner exception stack
    trace --- at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj,
    String methodName, Object[] args) at
    System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) at
    System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) at
    GT2.Fun.cmdSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\GT\Fun.aspx.vb:line 88

    Any ideas?

    VB Programmer, Nov 18, 2004

  2. VB Programmer

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi VBP:

    There are troubleshooting tips here:
    http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/4.3.11.aspx

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Thanks. I chged the mail server to another and it works!

    VB Programmer, Nov 18, 2004