    I have googled all night and can not find a solution.

    Thanks and Be Well,
    plaintext

    plaintext, Jun 18, 2009

  2. On Jun 18, 9:06 am, plaintext <> wrote:
    > This code works in every browser I have tried except IE 7/8.
    >
    > <iframe style="border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170); width:400px;
    > height: 27px;" id="musicPlayer" src="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/
    > 3247397568-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=http://domian.org/my.mp3"> </
    > iframe>
    >
    > I have googled all night and can not find a solution.
    >
    > Thanks and Be Well,
    > plaintext

    You are missing a ; after border: 1px

    www.richardfisher.com

    Helpful person, Jun 18, 2009

  3. plaintext

    John Hosking Guest

    Helpful person wrote:
    > On Jun 18, 9:06 am, plaintext wrote:
    >> This code works in every browser I have tried except IE 7/8.
    >>
    >> <iframe style="border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170); width:400px;
    >> height: 27px;" id="musicPlayer" src="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/
    >> 3247397568-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=http://domian.org/my.mp3"> </
    >> iframe>
    >>

    > You are missing a ; after border: 1px

    No, not really.

    --
    John
    No, I don't know what the OP's problem is either.

    John Hosking, Jun 18, 2009
  4. plaintext

    dorayme Guest

    In article <4a3ab124$>,
    John Hosking <> wrote:

    > Helpful person wrote:
    > > On Jun 18, 9:06 am, plaintext wrote:
    > >> This code works in every browser I have tried except IE 7/8.
    > >>

    > >> <iframe style="border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170); width:400px;
    > >> height: 27px;" id="musicPlayer" src="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/
    > >> 3247397568-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=http://domian.org/my.mp3"> </
    > >> iframe>
    > >>

    > > You are missing a ; after border: 1px

    > No, not really.

    But plaintext might not be using plaintext or the right gaps between the
    text (they are not right cut and pasted from my newsreader) or might be
    not using a proper doctype or might be not doing what you have to do for
    inline elements or maybe other things. I wonder how we can ever find out?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jun 19, 2009
  5. plaintext

    John Hosking Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > But plaintext might not be using plaintext or the right gaps between the
    > text (they are not right cut and pasted from my newsreader) or might be
    > not using a proper doctype or might be not doing what you have to do for
    > inline elements or maybe other things. I wonder how we can ever find out?

    Yes, life is full of mysteries, many of which we will never have fully
    explained. Especially if plaintext is just a GG drive-by.

    Now I will meditate upon this and hope for enlightenment. OMMMmmmmm...

    --
    John
    Meditating on the value of the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/

    John Hosking, Jun 19, 2009
  6. plaintext

    plaintext Guest

    Points well taken. I am a "drive by". I admit it. I am also basically
    a weekend warrior when it comes to maintaining web sites. They are not
    anything to write home about, but they fulfill their purpose. I do it
    for free for a couple of nonprofits. The code I posted was copied and
    pasted from the web. I believe it is posted on a handful of sites, so
    I assumed (yes, I know what that means) it would work. As far as gaps
    etc, I do not have a clue. It is however something I will work on.
    I really wanted to use the Google player. Mplayer just seems to have a
    mind of it's own outside IE. I tried to clean up the code based on the
    that worked first time. I do appreciate the feed back. It certainly
    showed me how far I have to go and how hard I need to work. This has
    also taught me that I need to hang out here on a regular basis and not
    just come in whining for help, so here I am for better or worse <g>

    Thanks & Be Well
    plaintext

    plaintext, Jun 19, 2009
  7. plaintext

    John Hosking Guest

    plaintext wrote:
    > Points well taken.

    ....whatever they might have been.

    > I am a "drive by". I admit it. I am also basically
    > a weekend warrior when it comes to maintaining web sites. They are not
    > anything to write home about, but they fulfill their purpose. I do it
    > for free for a couple of nonprofits. The code I posted was copied and
    > pasted from the web. I believe it is posted on a handful of sites, so
    > I assumed (yes, I know what that means) it would work. As far as gaps
    > etc, I do not have a clue. It is however something I will work on.
    > I really wanted to use the Google player. Mplayer just seems to have a
    > mind of it's own outside IE. I tried to clean up the code based on the
    > that worked first time. I do appreciate the feed back. It certainly
    > showed me how far I have to go and how hard I need to work. This has
    > also taught me that I need to hang out here on a regular basis and not
    > just come in whining for help, so here I am for better or worse <g>

    Then our work here is done.

    --
    John
    Our work here is dumb.

    John Hosking, Jun 19, 2009
  8. plaintext

    plaintext Guest

    Oh, you have no idea. I checked out the site in you previous post's
    sig. I started using Google Groups when I switched ISPs. Back when I
    had a lot more tech interests, I read a lot of groups, but times
    change and I drifted back to my family and day job, so I really did
    not miss the usenet. . Long winded story short, I just downloaded
    Xnews and will be searching for a free server. I feel younger already!

    Be Well,
    plaintext

    plaintext, Jun 19, 2009
  9. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed plaintext <>
    writing in news:3e1d33a9-e6be-4bf0-92c9-
    :

    > Oh, you have no idea. I checked out the site in you previous post's
    > sig. I started using Google Groups when I switched ISPs. Back when I
    > had a lot more tech interests, I read a lot of groups, but times
    > change and I drifted back to my family and day job, so I really did
    > not miss the usenet. . Long winded story short, I just downloaded
    > Xnews and will be searching for a free server. I feel younger already!
    >
    > Be Well,
    > plaintext

    Look for a recent thread OT:Need Usenet Service Recommendation. The
    recommendation I got, and have implemented was motzarella.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 19, 2009
  10. plaintext

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    plaintext <> wrote:

    > Points well taken. I am a "drive by". I admit it. I am also basically
    > a weekend warrior when it comes to maintaining web sites. They are not
    > anything to write home about, but they fulfill their purpose. I do it
    > for free for a couple of nonprofits. The code I posted was copied and
    > pasted from the web. I believe it is posted on a handful of sites, so
    > I assumed (yes, I know what that means) it would work. As far as gaps
    > etc, I do not have a clue. It is however something I will work on.
    > I really wanted to use the Google player. Mplayer just seems to have a
    > mind of it's own outside IE. I tried to clean up the code based on the
    > that worked first time. I do appreciate the feed back. It certainly
    > showed me how far I have to go and how hard I need to work. This has
    > also taught me that I need to hang out here on a regular basis and not
    > just come in whining for help, so here I am for better or worse <g>

    Yes, do come back. Best to quote what you are replying to first, not
    everyone is reading usenet at Google (where the thread is easy to
    follow). For example, I have an online reader that does not show past
    posts that I have read. (I use it because I am blessed with a
    photographic memory and need no such crutches. Go on, ask me exactly
    what I was doing in 1903 at 9.30am.)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jun 19, 2009
  11. plaintext

    Synbot Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article
    > <>,
    > plaintext <> wrote:
    > Go on, ask me exactly
    > what I was doing in 1903 at 9.30am.)

    Same thing you're doing right now.
    Now get up outta that bed and keep your hands off that damn thing!

    All these years and it's always the same ole, same ole.

    Synbot, Jun 19, 2009