Problem when passing a VALUE as parameter

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Magali Mirande, Feb 22, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I'm new to Ruby and I'm currently working on embedding Ruby-VTK within
    C++.
    Ruby-Vtk is a patch to add on VTK (Visualization ToolKit) to use from
    Ruby.
    I want to get a pointer from an VALUE object with the method
    vtkRubyGetPointerFromObject(VALUE) which is declared in the
    vtkRubyUtil.h file.
    My problem is that when I pass a VALUE to this method, the compiler
    tells me that there's an undefined reference to
    vtkRubyGetPointerFromObject(unsigned long).
    I know that in the ruby.h header file VALUE is declared as an unsigned
    long, but I don't know why it converts the VALUE object during the
    compilation.

    Do you have any idea why I've got this problem ?

    Thanks in advance for your answers.

    Mag

    Magali Mirande, Feb 22, 2008