problem with a script in perl.

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Andre, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Andre

    Andre Guest

    Hello,

    not too sure if this is a perl 5.8 or a sendmail (8.12.9).

    I have made a script that extract, and save the attachment. I work well but.

    if a line, in the attachemant is longer than 139 characteres, the complet
    output is screwed with line of differnet lenght, containing aditionnal
    characters (like "=" ) even outside the attachment.

    a loop like

    LOG="/tmp/mail";
    while (<>) {
    print LOG $_;
    }

    contains the errors if the attachemnt contains long lines.

    Any idea ??

    Many thanks in advances.

    Andre
    Andre, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Andre

    Joe Smith Guest

    Andre wrote:

    > if a line, in the attachemant is longer than 139 characteres, the complet
    > output is screwed with line of differnet lenght, containing aditionnal
    > characters (like "=" ) even outside the attachment.

    Are you honoring all the MIME headers? If the message has been converted
    to quoted-printable, then it needs to be unquoted. This applies to both
    the plain text and the attachment portions of the message.
    -Joe
    Joe Smith, Jul 7, 2004