problem with adding IDs to webcontrols in datagrid

rob.bowley

I have programatically created textboxes with IDs within my datagrid.
This appears to work fine as when I view source it all looks good. The
problem is that I now can't return the bound values contained in the
textboxes. They are there as they're displayed on the page, but when I
debug it simply comes up with an empty text field. I can return the
values if I remove the IDs, but I want to be able to fire a JavaScript
event which calculates row totals and it would be very difficult to
locate the textboxes without IDs.

Has anyone else had the same problem?