    Subject: Downloading Beta 2.3.4b

    Name: [yourname]
    Date: [date]
    email:

    Here is my html file

    <FORM METHOD="POST"
    ACTION="/cgi-bin/cgiemail/data/betaform.txt">
    <input type="hidden" NAME="cgiemail-mailopt" value="sync">
    Your name:
    <INPUT NAME="yourname">
    <input name="date">
    <INPUT TYPE="submit" value="Send e-mail">
    </FORM>

    When I fill out the form it says it sent it, but it doesn't. What am I
    doing wrong?

    JEAG

    JEAG, Feb 3, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed JEAG <>
    writing in news:847d8311-162b-4c57-9cfd-cd75b1c016d4
    @l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

    ><FORM METHOD="POST"
    > ACTION="/cgi-bin/cgiemail/data/betaform.txt">
    > <input type="hidden" NAME="cgiemail-mailopt" value="sync">

    What does betaform.txt do? Are you sure this is the correct file? AFAIK,
    txt files are text files and not program or script files.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 3, 2008

  3. JEAG

    JEAG Guest

    On Feb 3, 3:29 pm, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > What does betaform.txt do? Are you sure this is the correct file? AFAIK,
    > txt files are text files and not program or script files.
    >
    > --
    > Adrienne Boswell at Home
    > Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Thanks for your help Adrienne. betaform.txt is my template file.

    JEAG

    JEAG, Feb 3, 2008
  4. JEAG wrote:
    > On Feb 3, 3:29 pm, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    >
    >> What does betaform.txt do? Are you sure this is the correct file? AFAIK,
    >> txt files are text files and not program or script files.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Adrienne Boswell at Home
    >> Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    >> Please respond to the group so others can share

    > Thanks for your help Adrienne. betaform.txt is my template file.

    the form's action attribute needs to point to a script, not a text file.
    The script may load a template, but the the file that does this must be
    a script that executes "runs".

    It this is a "canned" script, I suggest you read the readme/manual.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 3, 2008
  5. JEAG

    JEAG Guest

    On Feb 3, 5:35 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > the form's action attribute needs to point to a script, not a text file.
    > The script may load a template, but the the file that does this must be
    > a script that executes "runs".
    >
    > It this is a "canned" script, I suggest you read the readme/manual.
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan

    Jonathan,

    The userguide refers to creating a txt template that CGIEMAIL will
    use.

    http://web.mit.edu/wwwdev/cgiemail/user.html

    Does anyone here have experience with CGIEmail already?

    Jeanne

    JEAG, Feb 4, 2008