Problem with CGIEmail

JEAG

Please help:

I have the following in my template

To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Downloading Beta 2.3.4b

Name: [yourname]
Date: [date]
email:

Here is my html file

<FORM METHOD="POST"
ACTION="/cgi-bin/cgiemail/data/betaform.txt">
<input type="hidden" NAME="cgiemail-mailopt" value="sync">
Your name:
<INPUT NAME="yourname">
<input name="date">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" value="Send e-mail">
</FORM>

When I fill out the form it says it sent it, but it doesn't. What am I
doing wrong?

JEAG

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed JEAG <[email protected]>
writing in @l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
<FORM METHOD="POST"
ACTION="/cgi-bin/cgiemail/data/betaform.txt">
<input type="hidden" NAME="cgiemail-mailopt" value="sync">

What does betaform.txt do? Are you sure this is the correct file? AFAIK,
txt files are text files and not program or script files.

JEAG

What does betaform.txt do? Are you sure this is the correct file? AFAIK,
txt files are text files and not program or script files.

Thanks for your help Adrienne. betaform.txt is my template file.

JEAG

Jonathan N. Little

JEAG said:
Thanks for your help Adrienne. betaform.txt is my template file.

the form's action attribute needs to point to a script, not a text file.
The script may load a template, but the the file that does this must be
a script that executes "runs".

It this is a "canned" script, I suggest you read the readme/manual.

JEAG

--
Take care,

Jonathan

Jonathan,

The userguide refers to creating a txt template that CGIEMAIL will
use.

http://web.mit.edu/wwwdev/cgiemail/user.html

Does anyone here have experience with CGIEmail already?

Jeanne