Problem with Control-IDs of Windows (c++ and TestComplete)

Florian Harbich

Hi!

I'm trying to write a testscript for TestComplete for dynamically
testing the GUI of my (unmanaged) c++ program.
The Problem is, I can't access the Windows (and Controls) in a matter
which is stable between different rebuilds, but only using
Classname, Caption and ZOrder.

Now I wrote a script using name mapping which maps the
Classname, Caption and ZOrder-Pair to their Control-IDs.
This is working rather fine, but the Control-ID for my Windows
(CWindow, CDialog) always changed between different runs.

Is there an (easy) way to use stable names to access the controls,
like it is possible using an "open" language like .NET or Delphi?
(switching is not an option... )

If you know another Testing Application, which could do this more
easily, I have no problem in switching by test environment...

Thanks in advance

--
Greetings,
Florian

there are 11 kind of people, those who know this joke and laugh, those who
know but don't understand and those who don't even know... ;)

Victor Bazarov

Florian said:
I'm trying to write a testscript for TestComplete for dynamically
testing the GUI of my (unmanaged) c++ program.
The Problem is, I can't access the Windows [...]

You seem to be lost, you're in a wrong newsgroup. Windows development
forum is around the corner: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.