Problem with CSS-background and table layout

Discussion in 'HTML and CSS' started by McNEEDSHELP, Jan 29, 2009.

  1. McNEEDSHELP

    McNEEDSHELP

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi, I'm having HUGE problems with trying to get this piece of code, which serves the purpose of being a background that graphically acts as borders on each side (left/right) of my whole website, that is completely done in tables.

    The actual problem is, that it doesn't follow through down the whole page, but cuts short leaving the last bit without the intended left/right framing (or borders).

    First I had problems with the cell-spacing/padding of the content-providing tables, and as it worked with these defined to 0 (then making the content look horribly placed) I defined the tables in my style sheet the appropriate padding instead. This worked to begin with, but then I edited an image, increasing its size, and the problem returned.

    This is the code of the CSS-defined background:

    #glowbg
    {
    padding: 0px;
    float: center;
    background: transparent url("background_glow.gif") top center no-repeat;
    }

    Do any of you guys have an addition to this code that can either tell it to go 100% or to a set point further down (ideally to the bottom of the main table)?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mark

    McNEEDSHELP, Jan 29, 2009