Problem with css

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Joker7, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Joker7

    Joker7 Guest

    The file below works ok in Internet Explorer.When
    used with Mozilla Firefox ,the content of sidebar
    & main just lay on top of inside & outside div.

    BODY {
    background: #c50d00 url(red.jpg) no-repeat fixed
    top left;
    margin: 1em 0.5em 1em;
    padding: 0;
    color: #fff5bd;
    }

    DIV.outside {
    background: url(orang.jpg) top left no-repeat
    fixed #ad3c04;
    margin: 1em auto;
    padding: 0;
    border: 1px solid #800;
    width: 48em;
    }

    DIV.inside {
    background: url(crimson.jpg) top left no-repeat
    fixed #aa012c;
    margin: 1em;
    padding: 1em;
    border: 1px solid #800;
    width: 44em;
    }

    DIV.sidebar {
    float: left;
    width: 200px;
    margin:0; padding:0;
    }

    DIV.sidebar-content {
    margin:0; padding: 0.5em 1em;
    font-size: 70%;
    }

    DIV.main {
    margin:0 0 0 200px; padding:0;
    }

    DIV.inset {
    margin: 0.25em 0 0.75em 0;
    padding: 1em;
    }

    DIV.inset a {
    margin: 0.25em 0 0.75em 0;
    text-align: center;
    }

    TD {
    padding: 0.25em 0;
    }

    TD.l {
    width: 10em;
    }

    TD.r {
    width: 23em;

    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down
    to their level,and beat you with experience
    Joker7, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Joker7 wrote:

    > The file below works ok in Internet Explorer.When
    > used with Mozilla Firefox ,the content of sidebar
    > & main just lay on top of inside & outside div.

    A URL would be a much better way to demonstrate the problem, but I guess
    this is what is causing you trouble:

    http://www.complexspiral.com/publications/containing-floats/

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Joker7

    Joker7 Guest

    "David Dorward" <> wrote in
    message
    : Joker7 wrote:
    :
    : > The file below works ok in Internet
    Explorer.When
    : > used with Mozilla Firefox ,the content of
    sidebar
    : > & main just lay on top of inside & outside
    div.
    :
    : A URL would be a much better way to demonstrate
    the problem, but I guess
    : this is what is causing you trouble:
    :
    :