problem with embbed boost.python in multi-interpreter andmulti-thread HELP please

Discussion in 'Python' started by Donnie Leen, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Donnie Leen

Donnie Leen Guest

I wrote a program embbed boost.python, each thread running a sub-interpreter, i made a module implement by boost.python, and i wish this module imported in each sub-interpreter, i find that the module could initialize only once, otherwise the boost.python will throw a exception said that something already registered; second conversion method ignored.

So I try another way, initialize and import the module in one interpreter such as the main interpreter, and I hope to import the module in any sub-interpreter, because I found the python document said:
    "Extension modules are shared between (sub-)interpreters as follows: the first time a particular extension is imported, it is initialized normally, and a (shallow) copy of its module's dictionary is squirreled away. When the same extension is imported by another (sub-)interpreter, a new module is initialized and filled with the contents of this copy; the extension's init function is not called. "
    but when i try this way i found that the program throw an exception:ImportError: No module named mym, (mym is the module name). This happens even i wrote the module in Python/C API without boost.python.

Could somebody tell me why this happened or how to deal with it, thanks for any suggestion.

Donnie Leen
    Donnie Leen, Dec 12, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Donnie Leen

Donnie Leen Guest

All right, I found the answer in boost.python test example embedding.cpp,
    not to call initmodulename() in every sub-interpreter, just call
    PyImport_AppendInittab("modulename", initmodulename) before call to
    Py_Initialize(), this will add the module to the interpreter's builtin
    modules, then I can call "import modulenmame" in each sub-interpeter.

Donnie Leen
    Donnie Leen, Dec 12, 2004
    1. Advertisements