Problem with exec ?

John Berman

Hi

the following works fine in an html page

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/pr/pr_log.cgi"-->

but not with an asp page

include like

<!--#include file="header.asp"-->
works fine in the ASP

Clues on how to trouble shoot would be appreciated

Regards

John Berman
(e-mail address removed)

Steven Burn

Tried;

Response.Execute "thefile.cgi"

??

I'm not aware of being able to do it the way your trying........ (never had
a need to find out)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

John Berman

good though, I get the following error:

Vbscript Runtime error 'ASP 0185 : 438'
Object does not support this property or method

John B

Steven Burn

Whats this cgi file meant to be doing? (i.e. does it do anything you can't
do in simple ASP?)

My reason for asking is, couldn't you just code it in VBScript and stick it
straight into the .asp file?, if not, you could always use;

response.redirect "thepage.cgi"

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

John Berman

Thanks. ASP does support some SSI commands, is there a list online showing
what it does support ?

Regards

John B