problem with expired session

Guest

Hi
I have some data driven pages with a datagrid set to allow paging. This is
working fine, the only problem is if a user left the browser at such page,
and after the session expired the user click on the page number again, this
will trigger a postback but some of the required session variable has been
destroyed along with the cookie (I guess), then an error of "Null Object
reference" will be thrown!!

What is the best way to prevent such error, please?!
Would it be enough to just check User.Identity.IsAuthenticated ?

TIA

Brock Allen

You should code defensively -- check for null (or Nothing) and if you code
can't continue processing then do a Response.Redirect to a page where the
user can start all over again.