Problem with fast lines in TeeChart v4.04 (Borland c++ builder 6)

shuusaku

Dear all,

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask for help, but I cannot find
any solution anywhere else, I hope you could help me.

I'm using Borland C++ Builder 6 with TeeChart v4.04 standard. I'm
writing a simple application that should acquire a signal from an
acquisition board, and diplay it on the screen. The signal is sampled
at 1000 hz, and I'm calculating its rms every 33 msec. Every time I
have a vector with ulCount (=33) samples, and I should:
- add each point to the current graph
- calculate its rms (and maybe display it on a separate chart).

These are my problems:
1. is there any way to add all the vector to the chart, without using a
for loop for each point? This is more or less the code I'm using:
int nTmpCount
for (int i=0; i<ulCount; i++) {
Chart1->Series[0]->AddXY((float)nCounter++/1000,pdVoltBuffer,"",0);
nTmpCount =Chart1->Series[0]->Count();
if ( nTmpCount>2000) // I'm plotting 2000 points
Chart1->Series[0]->Delete(0);
}

2- by using the code above, I get a lot of "list index out of bounds"
errors, but I cannot understand why and where. They just happen.

3- instead, by plotting the rms (only one new point each time,
everything seems fine (at least, now everything is working).

Any idea on how to solve the above problems, or where to look for some
help?
Thanks,
Massimiliano

Mike Wahler

Re:problem with fast lines in TeeChart v4.04 (Borland c++ builder 6)
Dear all,

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask for help,

Not about this.
but I cannot find
any solution anywhere else, I hope you could help me.

The Borland web site (www.borland.com) lists some
Borland-specific groups which should be of help.
(Even there, I suspect you'll need to show them
more context to get a useful analysis).

Purpose of comp.lang.c++:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Mike

shuusaku

Hi mike,
thanks for your reply and sorry for my mistake. I had already checked
at borland web site and teechart web site, but I couldn't find any
answer, that's why I posted here. I'll check more.
Regards,
Massimiliano

PS: By the way, http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt is not
accessible right now (connection refused). Any idea why?

Robert Emmons

(e-mail address removed) on 24 Jan 2005 00:37:52 -0800:
thanks for your reply and sorry for my mistake. I had already checked
at borland web site and teechart web site, but I couldn't find any
answer, that's why I posted here. I'll check more.

There are newsgroups for Borland:

borland.public.cppbuilder.*

You might get help in
borland.public.cppbuilder.thirdpartytools.general

If it is not carried on your news server try Google or
newsgroups.borland.com.