    Why?

    Thanks to all!!!

    Bye

    Luca, Nov 24, 2006

  2. Luca

    Ajeetha Guest

    I believe you are referring to:

    FIX_STD from:

    http://www.doulos.com/knowhow/vhdl_designers_guide/models/fp_arith/

    Can you show us your code that uses this pkg? Without it it is hard to
    comment

    Regards
    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

    Ajeetha, Nov 24, 2006

  3. On 24 Nov 2006 02:45:11 -0800, "Luca" <> wrote:

    >we are using this fix_std library, but we have a problem with the
    >assignament. If we use local variables, it works right... but if we use
    >global signals, the value doesn't change and remain "UUUU...".

    hi Luca,

    if you're talking about my fix_std package, downloaded from
    doulos.com, then your best recommendation is: Don't.

    I stopped work on it when the VHDL-200x standards group released
    David Bishop's much more comprehensive packages. There are
    several significant bugs in fix_std. The few people who used it in
    the early days, and who kept in contact with me, were informed
    about the worst of the bugs and given fixes. To be honest I
    should have removed it completely from the website, but it was
    never part of my core work and I'm sorry to say I haven't given
    it any attention.

    I'm not aware of any problem with fix_std that gives different
    behaviour with variables and signals; if you post a code fragment
    then perhaps we can try to comment, as Ajeetha said.

    Thanks for the reminder; I'll take down the obsolete code from the
    website as soon as I get back to the office next Thursday.
    --
    Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

    http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

    Jonathan Bromley, Nov 25, 2006
  4. Luca

    fredrick

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2014
    Messages:
    3
    Hi ,
    Does anybody have fix_std package or from where I can download it

    fredrick, Aug 12, 2014