Problem with forms authentication when using redirection

david.moran

Hi

Our site is hosted at www.data-visualzation-software­.com and forms
authentication works fine. We have just set up a redirect from
www.apricot-software.com to this site and when this way is used to
access the site, the logon just seems to circle round - you enter your
details, press the Logon button and you go back to the logon prompt
page.

I've created a test account for anyone who wants to give it a go:

User name: (e-mail address removed)
Password: support

I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on what we
might be doing wrong.

Best regards,

Dave

Guest

Do you have a default.aspx page? If not, you should have one, as a pointing
directly at login.aspx looks for this page.

Worse, is the login page named default.aspx? If so, it is natural you will
loop forever, as redirect from login is to default.aspx when there is no
other page specified.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

Bruce Barker

because your sites do not have a domain common root, you can not use cookie
based sessions, as the browser will not share the login cookie between
sites. if security is not too important you can pass the login token in the
redirect url. if security is important, then your site should proxy the
other site.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Hi

Our site is hosted at www.data-visualzation-software­.com and forms
authentication works fine. We have just set up a redirect from
www.apricot-software.com to this site and when this way is used to
access the site, the logon just seems to circle round - you enter your
details, press the Logon button and you go back to the logon prompt
page.

I've created a test account for anyone who wants to give it a go:

User name: (e-mail address removed)
Password: support

I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on what we
might be doing wrong.

Best regards,

Dave

david.moran

Thanks for the reply. I've changed the index.aspx page to default.aspx
and made that the default page, but it still isn't working.

The login page is called login.aspx.

Any other thoughts?

Dave